Forward is a consulting firm that works exclusively with independent consultants to help startups build their engineering organizations.
About the Work
Company Stage: -
Term: 6-12 months
Hours per week: 10-20
Timeline: Early May Start
Timezone Constraints: 5 hours overlap with ET
Geographic Constraints: Must be a U.S. citizen living in the U.S.
We’re working with an electrical and mechanical engineering firm that builds hardware devices. Their software needs revolve around aggregating and displaying data produced by their devices. They are looking to establish a long term relationship with a software vendor who can help them develop the software component of the systems they’re designing.
In the immediate term, they’re looking to for someone to build out a tool that lets them proxy TCP/IP packets to multiple clients. Over the long term most of the work would involve encoding or decoding data, displaying, and occasionally analyzing data.
Roughly in order of importance:
- You’re a U.S. Citizen based in the U.S.
- You have one of the following:
- low level networking experience
- experience working with electrical engineers
- experience working on teams building hardware
- experience building tools or applications design to run directly on desktop computers or mobile devices
- You have Python experience
- You have 7+ years experience
If this sounds interesting would be great if you could fill out this typeform for us. Even if not, we’re always looking to get to know more independent consultants so feel free to reach out and say hey here. You can find our other roles here.